Individuals that are suspected of having any heart disease should have an extensive cardiovascular evaluation.
The therapeutic goals in the treatment of heart disease are to improve energy metabolism within the heart and to improve the blood supply to the heart.
The popular diuretic Lasix (furosemide) can cause a thiamin deficiency. Thiamin supplementation improves heart function in patients who are taking Lasix.
The level of magnesium in the blood correlates with the ability of the heart muscle to manufacture enough energy to beat properly.
Many disorders of heart rhythm are related to an insufficient level of magnesium in the heart muscle.
CoQ10 is an important natural prescription for all types of heart disease.
L-Carnitine improves cardiac function in patients with congestive heart failure.
Taurine is an amino acid, its lack in the heart muscle cells is a particular frequent cause of heart failure.
Hawthorn (Crataegus sp.) preparations are very effective in the early stages of congestive heart failure and minor arrhythmias.
b. Coronary insufficiency.
c. Oxygen deficiency (lung disease).
d. Thiamine deficiency.
e. Copper deficiency.
f. Cardiac damage.
g. Magnesium deficiency.
h. Trans Fatty Acids (from hydrogenated oils like margarine and Crisco shortening)
a. Sip 2 to 3 oz (about a mouthful) of distilled or filtered water every 30 minutes daily (more if you are sweating).
b. Increase foods high in dietary fiber.
c. Eliminate all fried foods in oils (except those oils noted below), refined carbohydrates, hydrogenated fats and oils, dairy products (except butter) and gluten containing grains.
d. You may need to avoid iron containing supplements, water containing iron and iron cooking utensils.
e. Eat only extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil and fish oils as your only source of dietary oils.
f. Increase raw and fresh foods.
GENERAL SUPPLEMENT PROGRAM
1.BIO-CARDIOZYME FORTE – 3 tablets, 3 times daily after meals.
2. BIO-C PLUS 1000 ? 1 tablet, 2 times daily after meals.
3. M S M POWDER – 1/2 teaspoonful 2 to 4 times daily depending on the severity of symptoms. NOTE: Try to take MSM with your Vitamin C.
6. OPTIMAL EFAs — 3 capsules, once daily after a meal for Essential Fatty Acids.
Specific Nutrients: Stay on these Specific Nutrients even if your symptoms or conditions improves. NOTE: ITEMS 7, 8, 9 & 10 ARE THE BIG 4 SUPPLEMENTS SPECIFIC FOR THE HEART.
7. MG-ZYME 100mg – 2 capsules, 2 times daily after meals
8. RIBOSE POWDER – 2 teaspoonsful, twice daily, preferrably on empty stomach.
11. BIO-K FORTE — 1 tablet daily after a meal for Vitamin K2.
13. TAURINE 500mg – 2 capsules, twice daily after meals (if ANGINA PECTORIS or ARRHYTHMIA?S is severe).
14. BIO-B- COMPLEX – 1 tablet, twice daily after meals if taking LASIX (furosemide).
15. Aloe Vera Gel or Aloe Vera Gel Capsules — Use to help control palpatations like premature ventricular contractions, etc. Check with your cardiologist.
ALSO SEE ATHEROSCLEROSIS